Easter Cookies

Easter is tomorrow. I don't normally make something for every occasion, but I always get excited when special holiday or occasion is coming. That mean's that there's an excuse to make dessert or cake :). But, most of the time, although I have planned the cake I want to make, the decorations, and everything, it always ended up not baking anything. I don't know why or how, but when the day is getting closer, I'm always loaded with a lot of activities.



For Easter this year, I've been planning to make decorated easter cookies and an easter cake decorated with basketweave, bunny, easter eggs, grass, flower,..... In my mind, it looks so Easter-y. So today, I made some time to make this easter cookies with my nephew. The cookie part was fine, but when it comes to decorating it, I barely have the patience to finish all of them. I ended up decorated 80% of the cookies and threw away the leftover icing. You need to be a verrryyy patience person to be able to decorate a cookie perfectly. Me?? no, I'm not that kind of a person. As you can see in the picture, they look like cookies made by children. It's so far away from neat. I like the pastel color though.
Anyways, I don't think I will be decorating cookies like this for quite some time now

For the cake, I don't think I would have time to do it by tomorrow. My biggest concern is who would finish up the cake? I really think my friends are getting tired of all the cakes I've delivered to their door. It's only yesterday that I gave them chocolate tiramisu cake. Although, it's gone now, but still, three cakes in a week??? who wouldn't be sick of that?
I might still make it though, since I have the chocolate easter eggs and the bunny for decoration, but not today or tomorrow. We'll see

1 comment:

arab said...

cute cookies ;)

"who wouldn't be sick of that?"
we're sickos anyway ber lol... quite understand your point though ^-^