Last weekend was San Diego, it was quite a long drive but good thing I wasn't driving. It was supposed to be raining all over California that weekend and we were a little bit skeptical in going, but again, it turned out to be a beautiful Saturday in San Diego. The trip was indeed filled with food and more food, beach too, but more food later :)
Although now we are back to the cold and wet San Jose weather, it only makes me crave for summer to come even more. I'm already making a list of cake/dessert for summer and I cannot wait! BBQ, berries, cherries, stone fruits, sangria, watermelon, ice cream making frenzy, ...
Here is the components that go inside the cake (no recipe sorry, it was just sorta add and mix without any weighing or much thoughts put on it), but I guess this cake is more like an idea of how you can make a decent and tasty cake with what you've already had. Which reminds me that Spring is just around the corner, and that means Spring Cleaning! I have quite a bit of different stuff in my freezer and it's time to clean them up and come up with something.
- chocolate cake drenched in espresso-rum mixture
- rice crispy layer with milk chocolate and hazelnut paste
- chocolate whipped cream
- more chocolate cake with espresso-rum mixture
- tiramisu cream
- chocolate ganache
- chocolate whipped cream (piped in the middle to support the chocolate sheet)
- thin plate of chocolate couverture
- decoration: macarons, gold leaf, chocolate sticks
It sounds a lot and complicated, but it's actually not, some of the layer is repeated.